The current pandemic of the novel coronavirus has disrupted the aviation business. In a time where most airports are facing dramatic traffic drops or even a cease of operations, the immediate focus of route development has naturally shifted from developing eager opportunities to retaining and recovering existing routes.
Concentrate on the right routes for a successful restart
In this phase of uncertainty and unparalleled economic pressure…
- Airlines will concentrate on routes which have proven to be profitable in the past
- The discussion around incentives is likely to become more important than ever
- Airports and regional partners need to become more selective and spend their limited budget
in a way in which it pays off best.
New BEONTRA feature enables airports to identify their focus routes
To support the activities of airports and their airline partners around a restart under the current circumstances, BEONTRA has released a cutting-edge feature to its B Route Development solution.
- The new Route Portfolio Management allows airports to adopt the airline’s perspective and benchmark their routes against similar airline routes using the main KPIs RASK, load factor, fare and yield.
- The solution combines BEONTRA’s know-how of aviation best practices with industry standard data sources, such as Sabre Global Demand Data, to provide airports with the relevant route performance insights in one place.
- The analysis results help airports identify focus routes and vulnerable spots and thus enable them to decide on which routes they should concentrate for the post-pandemic recovery.
Take charge of the recovery and start making data-driven decisions on the appropriate route development actions! Contact us today for a demo!
Whitepaper: How scenario planning of terminal operations supports the successful management of the COVID-19 recovery
In our latest webinar we discussed how scenario planning of terminal operations can support the successful management of the COVID-19 recovery. In addition to the recording we have created a free whitepaper to support your efforts. [download_after_email...
Watch our webinar recording: How scenario planning of terminal operations supports the successful management of the COVID-19 recovery
On 18th June we held a live webinar introducing an approach to scenario planning of terminal operations during the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Our goal was to enable airport planners to react flexibly to the new and dynamically changing operating conditions...
How scenario planning of terminal operations supports the successful management of the COVID-19 recovery
As most countries are slowly recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic, air traffic is expected to resume and pick up momentum. While restarting operations is good news for all airports, new rules and regulations to protect passengers’ and airport staff’s safety are in...