Due to the impact of the current pandemic, retaining and recovering the route network has become the dominant challenge for literally every airport.On 14th May we have held a live webinar discussing not only the impact of COVID-19, but also a practical approach to air service development during the crisis.
Our team was joined by two aviation experts, Alexander Schroll (Munich Airport International) and Robert Keysselitz (CircleSolution), as well as a large audience that actively participated in the discussion with their comments, questions and input.
A brief poll conducted during the webinar revealed that most of the audience expects the full recovery of the aviation business to take more than two years. Given this context, our experts discussed:
- Beyond the current lockdown, what could be long-term effects on route development?
- Which consequences result from the airlines’ adoption to demand changes?
- Who could be winners and losers of the crisis?
Furthermore, a practical approach helping airports understand their markets was introduced. Using the new BEONTRA Route Portfolio Management feature, the group discussed how airports can
- Undertake a health check of their network
- Use RASK and other KPIs to understand which routes are strong or endangered
- Utilize market data for fact-based conversations with airline partners
If you missed the conversation, click here to watch the recording!